What is a Quality Improvement Coach?
QI coaches provide a key role in supporting teams in their quality improvement work and translating improvement knowledge into practice. A coach's main aims will be to;
· Share knowledge of improvement tools and techniques
· Provide ideas and advice about application of improvement techniques( using the lens of profound knowledge as a basis.)
· Explore testing, implementation and spread challenges
· Encourage you in your improvement efforts
· Maximise your impact
· Secure your gains
· Extend your reach
· Help you reflect on your learning
· Inspire you to achieve even more
As our QI programme develops and matures, we anticipate an increasing number of QI projects (mainly within teams, but also across teams and functions). For improvement work to be successful using rapid cycles of iterative testing, teams need to meet for short periods of time on a frequent basis.
We have a Clinical Compact in place to act as a formal time and output agreement between coach and team from the outset to ensure expectations from both sides are met.
Meet our Coaches