PROJECTS & POSTERS
Click on the image to see Alisson Stewart's presentation for the Quality Academy Skills for Improvement course on Capacity & Demand.
Alisson and her team are developing an advanced appointment system which is effective, efficient and equitable. We love her approach and we love her project.
The aim of this project was to increase use of the Royal Voluntary Service patient transport service, to improve patient access to GP appointments. As a practice in Haddington, East Lothian, our patient population can extend to places such as Pencaitland, Macmerry and Gifford. Visits to these locations can take up a lot of travel time. By identifying patients that could use patient transport we could save significant time on home visits.
Examples of recent and current Quality Improvement Projects within Primary Care in NHS Lothian 2016-17
Quality Academy Projects 2016 -2017:
- Verification of Expected Death out of hours within nursing homes and community hospitals
- Improving the reliability of access of the Key Information Summary (KIS) on admission to Ward 202
- Better Management of Regular Attenders in Primary Care
- Prescribing in Primary Care - working with integrated care pharmacists
- Chronic pain management with GP, physiotherapist and pharmacist
- Directing Docman - ensuring hospital communications go to the right GP
- Workflow - Improving the flow of important information through the practice
- Capacity and Demand
- Microscopic Haematuria - Processing Samples
- Acute & Repeat Prescribing
- Elderly Patient Checks
- Recognising and proactively managing frailty in the community
- Polypharmacy reviews for housebound patients
- Development of a robust and safe system for electronic recording of items prescribed out with the practice (e.g. originating from hospital out patient clinics)
- Improving the transition from child to adult services for adolescents with chronic diseases, including mental health problems
- Managing 28-day and acute prescriptions from care home to the pharmacy, medication/Polypharmacy reviews and improving clarity of directions for medication for prn medication.
Elouise Johnstone's Poster
Lisa Carter's Poster